Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I'm so bad at walking.

So I'm an idiot.  And I broke my toe yesterday.  And was at the emergency room until rougly 2am.

So really, embarassment and fatigue have led to yet another absence.

I'm sorry.

We will finish Act III of the movie tomorrow AND we will have the quiz.  I will check photos.  And then, hopefully, we will move on to the end of the play.

TODAY, I want you to peer edit your letter with one special friend.  Or at least someone you like.

Here is the proofreading assignment:

1.  Read the entire letter(your partner's) to yourself.  Don't write anything.  Think a minute.

2.  Now, pick up a pen or pencil. Read it again, but this time, correct simple errors: spelling, mechanics, grammar/

3.  Read it through again.  Look at each sentence.  If you think a detail is unnecessary or doesn't fit the letter, put an asterisk(*) next to its first word.

4.  If a section seems underdeveloped, or needs more details, tell the author: MORE!  If you can specifically tell them what you would like to see/know, you may do that as well.

5.  Read the letter one more time, looking carefully at the words chosen.  If you do not agree with a word, or think there is a better choice, place a box around the word.

Once this is completed, hand the letter back, say nice things, and start to correct your letter.  The new draft is due on Friday.

I miss you.  Enjoy your day.

Rock

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.